email password problem

Bald Eagle 19:03 09 May 06

I'm running XP home. This morning I downloaded emails, all OK. This evening I got one email then after about 75% of the next one this error message appeared :-

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.wanadoo.fr', Server: 'pop.wanadoo.fr', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR disconnect because of internal error', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

I re entered the password and after 75% it locked up and asked for my password. I entered it but it still didn't work.

I restored the computer to yesterday evening when everything was ok. It got to 75% and again froze. On retrying I got the passwordmessage again. Any ideas?

Running up to date AVG and ZoneAlarm.

Ray

Diodorus Siculus 19:20 09 May 06

Does your emaail provider have web access to the mail? If so, try going there and deleting anything left.

Bald Eagle 14:28 10 May 06

DS, sorry about the slow response but things have been a bit hectic. Went to the Wanadoo site and when I tried to access my emails through them I got an error message. They were having problems! Thanks for the suggestion which pointed me in the right direction.

Cheers,

Ray

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…