//some 3rd party need geo

Email in Outlook Express

Hercules02 21:32 26 Aug 04

Hello :))
My wife and I share a Wanadoo internet connection. We have our own users on XP, and separate email addresses (on the same ISP account).
However, when we pick up mail, downloads both email accounts into the one (XP User) inbox. Because of this we keep missing mail which has gone into the wrong box.
Is there any way to get the emails separated and posted to the correct inbox ?

Bapou 22:06 26 Aug 04

Not sure but worth a try.

Open Outlook Express and select Tools > Message Rules > Mail.

In order for separate email accounts to drop into separate folders you need to ensure that message rules similar to the following have been created.

Click on New Rule, in the top section check the box that says 'Where the to line contains people'.

Select the words 'Where the to line contains people' and type in the email account. Then in the box 'Select the actions for your rule' check the 'Move it to the specified folder'.In the third box select the specified folder to move the messages to.

Save the message rule - repeat as necessary for each separate email account.

Hope it helps.

beeuuem 22:50 26 Aug 04

The help pages click here tell you how to set up multiple mail addresses.

Hercules02 21:40 01 Sep 04

Thanks - Bapou, your advice lead me to the right solution. When specifying the rule, I couldn't find a way to move messages into a folder belonging to another user.
But if instead, you select the option not to download from the server for a specified email address that works. Each user needs to set up a rule for the addresses he/she doesn't want.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…