email outlook express

yapstan 23:52 21 Jan 04

when i click send and recieve in my inbox it says 514 unread but it only downloads 4 but it says recieved 5. When i delete these from my deleted items folder and go back to my inbox click send and recieve again the same 4 emails return and that goes on and on it won't let me get past these 4 messages i get an error Ox800CCCOF can anyone please help

johnnyrocker 00:00 22 Jan 04

several possibilities you can either delete and recreate a new account which might help, the reason for downloading the same mails again is that the d/load did not finish before, try click here and input your e mail addy and password to manage it from there in case there is a very large mail causing a time out on your outlook express.

johnny,

woodchip 00:13 22 Jan 04

Get MailWasher and have a look at the Mail on the ISP site you can delete the ones you do not want to download. double click a message to read it

johnnyrocker 00:16 22 Jan 04

another option, i use mailwasher pro myself.

johnny.

yapstan 00:24 22 Jan 04

thanks all i will try it out

VCR97 09:16 24 Jan 04

I had a similar problem (using Freeserve). The support page had a FAQ "Stuck e-mails". This advised opening an FSmail account which allowed me to get at the repeated messages on the server (like Hotmail) and then to zap them. Any use?

Keith S

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…