Email ok but not able to browse Internet?

Muckleface 23 Sep 10

Hi,

Recently I have had a problem where by I am unable to browse the Internet yet I can still receive and send Emails in Outlook?

The set up I have is as follows:

* Virgin Media Broadband cable is plugged into a Virgin Media Modem.

* Virgin Media Modem is plugged in to a desktop PC (to provide a wired Internet connection).

* Desktop PC is plugged into a Belkin wireless router.

* Two laptops connect wirelessly to the Belkin router.

It's all worked fine until recently when I began having connection problems - the Internet connection seems to drop randomly when I am browsing or uploading a file and the only way I can seem to get it back is to turn the modem off/on again.

Despite getting the "diagnose connection problems" message in IE, I can still send and receive emails in Outlook so it seems I do have a connection but something is preventing me from browsing?

I thought I'd resolved it yesterday when I reset the router to its default settings and changed the broadcast channel - it worked fine all day! However, this morning I am having the same connection problems.

Any ideas?

ltm0807 01 Oct 10

I have the same problem with you.
I do not know how to fix it.
Very complicated

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message