Email OK but no web access

Tony Jones 20:28 31 Oct 05

Aplogies to person who responded to my earlier enquiry. Tracert bbc.co.uk times out on the 4th hop.

Still have the problem: must be connected to the I/net because I can recover email but cannot access the web. Whatever page I ask IE6 to access I get a message (bottom left of screen) 'Connecting to site: 1.0.0.0' Then: Page cannot be displayed.

The same thing goes for Firefox and Opera. All IE settings seem to be identical to another computer that works fine.

Any ideas anyone?

MTIA.

oldfastbowler 09:04 02 Dec 05

When I try to access the internet via my LAN broadband connection I get a message in the bottom left hand corner saying 'Connecting to site 1.0.0.0' and of course no connection is made. I can receive and send e-mails with no problem so I know the connection via my ADSL router is OK. I have two other computers connected to the same router and both access the internet correctly.

When I run Network Diagnostics I get two 'failed' messages. Network Adapters' and 'IP Address' which appear to indicate that the 'Marvell Yukon ethernet controller' and the 'Microsoft TV/Video have the same IP Address 192.168.1.2.

I have tried to change the ethernet controller IP Address but without success.

Does anyone have a solution. The computer is a MESH and unfortunately their customer support service is a waste of time and money

PaulB2005 09:33 02 Dec 05

Tony Jones - please continue with the old thread. Starting new ones creates confusion and spreads the answers about.

oldfastbowler - please start your own thread for your own problem. "Hijacking" threads creates confusion as people will be talking about different problems that are similar.

oldfastbowler 11:50 02 Dec 05

New thread started. Sorry for the 'Hijack'.Can I remove this entry to prevent confusion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…