email notifier software...

toon_mad 23:24 30 Oct 08

could anybody reccomend to me a good free email notifier software. Im looking for something that can sit in my system tray and alert me in someway that i have a new email, yahoo mails mainly.

Ive had a look in google but theres so many not sure whats good or dodgee etc.

Cheers

Widow's Son 00:50 31 Oct 08

If so there is an excellent add on click here which will check all the big web based email account (Yahoo, Hotmail & GMail)

ste76 00:55 31 Oct 08

I use Pop Peeper click here

ste76 01:00 31 Oct 08

sorry doesn't appear to be working. try this link instead click here

oldbeefer2 08:11 31 Oct 08

>

FatboySlim71 08:36 31 Oct 08

You could also use Mailwasher. This sits in the system tray and alerts you of any new mail. Its other job is to detect (with your help) spam emails. You basically mark mail has good or spam, this in turn creates a whitelist (for the allowed good mail) and a blacklist (for spam).

Also, if you go in your sound settings you can change the sound alert Mailwasher uses to alert you of new mail. I'm a Sweeney fan so I have the opening theme tune to alert me of new mail.

There are two versions, one is free and the other is a paid for version, although the free version is more than adequate. I've used mailwasher for around 12 months and it works great.

click here

Technotiger 08:51 31 Oct 08

IMHO the very best is click here it is free and has plenty of amusing notifiers for you to choose from.

toon_mad 09:56 31 Oct 08

widow's son - "Are you using Firefox"
no im using Opera on Vista Ultimate

ste76 - also looks like a very goon one

Beta - i dont use the sidebar, but might start to

technotiger - that looks crazy!

Will try a few of them out, just what i needed, cheers everyone :)

toon_mad 09:57 31 Oct 08

and thanks for the mailwasher info, will also look into that FatboySlim71

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…