email notifications and preferences on this site.

rdave13 23:07 28 Sep 13
Answered

Could it be possible to get email notifications working correctly, not sporradic, and to be able to select preferences, under 'my preferences', and that to also work. I've emailed different towers people and FE with no result so I'm resorting to posting on the forums.

Many thanks to whom ever can sort this out.

Abel 23:24 28 Sep 13

I've been complaining to the FE about the lack of e-mail notifications for months if not a year now, but no interest has been shown. Could this possibly be the reason that some of the forum's contributors, like VoG are no longer around? Also, there seem to be less and less enquiries to the forum.

Abel

rdave13 23:52 28 Sep 13

Abel I think VoG™ left a while ago before these problems.

bumpkin 00:04 29 Sep 13

Vog long gone, Chronos slung out.

rdave13 01:12 29 Sep 13

Well its a Saturday night and I ain't got no money but YT is free and music is on the agenda.

As Brumas says, G'night all.

rdave13 01:30 29 Sep 13

The very best but short in this case.

Best English rock band and nothing touches them up to now in my very humble opinion.

Unless you know different.

Secret-Squirrel 09:20 29 Sep 13

"I've been complaining to the FE about the lack of e-mail notifications for months if not a year now, but no interest has been shown."

I contacted the FE too but never had a reply. I think that's a shocking way to treat forum members. Why have a Contact link if they've no intention of replying?

At best only a fraction of original posters on the help forums bother to return with feedback, and now with the lack of e-mail notifications, it's become worse.

Secret-Squirrel 11:03 29 Sep 13

".........complaining about......the lack of e-mail notifications for months if not a year now."

I didn't know that it'd been happening for so long. My notifications stopped relatively recently after the last "upgrade".

bumpkin 17:51 29 Sep 13

"bumpkin , what do you mean that ' Chronos slung out '?"

barred

Forum Editor 18:26 29 Sep 13

Abel

"I've been complaining to the FE about the lack of e-mail notifications for months if not a year now, but no interest has been shown."

I've searched my inbox, but can find no trace of an email from the address you registered with us. I receive hundreds of emails from forum users on all kinds of subjects, and I try hard to respond to each one, even if just to say that I don't have the answer to a problem. Sometimes people write to me from different email addresses to the one that they registered with, and they make no reference to their forum username. This makes it very difficult for me to work out who I'm corresponding with.

It's also possible that some emails are incorrectly marked as junkmail. I only see the junkmail listing about once a month, and it can be difficult to pick out one message from dozens in the list.

Have you written to me via the forum link, or directly, via your email client? I am far more likely to respond to messages that come via the forum, as they are all marked 'Message from the forums' when they arrive.

With regard to the email notifications you're complaining about....

When I post a thread I get the same email notifications each time someone adds a post. I assume that's what you're talking about. I get the notifications all the time, as do most other people, but I know that some forum users do not. It's extremely difficult to work out why that happens, especially when it happens sporadically.

If anyone is having a persistent problem with this I will be happy to investigate. Please email me via the link at the top of this page, mentioning your username, and I'll respond.

Forum Editor 18:32 29 Sep 13

Secret-Squirrel

"I contacted the FE too but never had a reply. I think that's a shocking way to treat forum members. Why have a Contact link if they've no intention of replying?"

I reply to hundreds of emails - what was it that you mailed me about? Send me a message via the forum link, and tell me what your problem was/is. I promise I'll reply.

As for "At best only a fraction of original posters on the help forums bother to return with feedback, and now with the lack of e-mail notifications, it's become worse."

I'm not sure how you know it has become worse, or that it is related to email notifications in any way, but for many years we have only seen a small percentage of feedback posts from people we've helped. It's always been the case.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant