email notification

julia23 20:19 03 Sep 05

Hi all,

Is there a program, preferably freeware, that will inform you of new email awaiting downloading.

Thanks.

JW.

The Kestrel 20:26 03 Sep 05

Incredimail offers the service you require and is freeware. The program has a cartoon butler who appears on screen and announces "You have mail sir" whenever an email message arrives.

julia23 20:41 03 Sep 05

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll give it a try.

JW.

stalion 20:51 03 Sep 05

also install mailwasher you can check and delete your mail on the server safer for viruses etc
click here

julia23 21:18 03 Sep 05

That's a great idea.

Thank you.

JW

dave_and_confused 22:04 03 Sep 05

Poppeeper - click here

ePrompter - click here

julia23 22:17 03 Sep 05

Thanks for that.

JW.

Diodorus Siculus 19:42 04 Sep 05

If not too late, can I express my bias and suggest you keep away from incredimail. It has been known to cause many problems on many computers.

No doubt there are thousands of satisfied users but I can only tell what I have experienced in this forum and personally.

Clint2 15:55 06 Sep 05

With regard to julia23 email notification query. If you have Mailwasher installed, open it and then close using the minimize button. It will then close to the system tray. When a new email arrives the Mailwasher icon twinkles.

julia23 23:22 06 Sep 05

Sorry for the delay in acknowledging your posts, I have been away for a couple of days.

Diodorus Siculus

Thanks for the warning. I installed Incredimail and thought it was horrible so got rid of it.

Clint2

Thanks for the advice about Mailwasher, I haven't tried that yet but will give it a go.

JW

julia23 01:23 07 Sep 05

Just to let you both know that I have installed Mailwasher and am made up with it. It does exactly what I wanted when minimised to the system tray giving a warning when mail arrives.

cheers

JW

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…