Email not sent message

ant17 12:21 07 Apr 07

Hi, I hope someone can help.......I have searched the message boards but cant find a resolution to my problem.

I have recently started receiving loads of "Symantec Email Proxy" messages stating "Your email message to (random email addresses) with the subject of (something to do with weight loss etc) was unable to be sent because the connection to your mail server was interrupted. Please open your email client and re-send the message.

I have not sent these messages. I have done a full system scan, tried removing email scanning etc but still they appear. Please help!!!

Sounds as if you have a virus to me. In terms of stopping stuff getting on to yoour system I would recommend Mailwasher (it's free or you can upgrade for a small payment to Mailwasher Pro, which I have done).
What antivirus software do you have running and have you used spybot and adaware?

ant17 12:35 07 Apr 07

Thanks for your reply.

I use Norton Internet Security & Anti Virus. I thought this would have been sufficient to stop a virus. I didnt think I would need to use Spybot, Adaware and Mailwasher in addition? I have looked in my email sent folders and tried blocking these addresses but this doesnt seem to work!

Taff™ 12:48 07 Apr 07

More likely some spammer is spoofing your e-mail address. There`s probably nothing actually untoward on your system - you`re just getting the bounce messages. Not much you can do except ignore them. They`ll probably only last a day or so.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5