Email but no internet

Awestruck 19:34 02 Dec 07

A friend has a dial-up account with uwclub.net.
She can send and receive emails using Outlook Express.
However, when she tries to access the internet she gets the message 'Cannot find server'.
I have checked all her settings several times and they are all correct. I ran anti-spy checks with SpyBot S&D and Ad-Aware and found and eliminated a few spies.
I then added my ISP settings to her computer, I could then access the internet without problem.
The uwclub.net help line takes for ever to answer but the last time I rang uwclub they said they had a problem their end which they would investigate.
After a week they have done nothing and they do not seem able to help. I added her ISP connection details to my computer and encountered exactly the same problem.
What puzzles me is that, to send and receive emails OE must first connect to the internet via the Internet settings which it does without any problem.
Therefore why cannot IE (or the interent connection in Network Connections) access the remote computer at uwclub.net?

Regards

Awestruck

Technotiger 19:57 02 Dec 07

Maybe they have a Firewall block?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…