Email Mystery

mirta 16:48 21 Aug 06

Hi

Confused again.....

I was looking at 'Key Electronics' Web Page and I got a message I had not seen before when clicking on an Internet mail link...

“Cannot send mail. No mail program is set up to send mail using internet shortcuts”

Does anyone know how to set up a mail program in this way?

Cheers

ArrGee 16:53 21 Aug 06

Have you set-up Outlook Express? You need to run through it and set up an account.

DieSse 17:15 21 Aug 06

Do you usually use Outlook Express, or webmail, or something else.

Gongoozler 17:46 21 Aug 06

If you're using Internet Explorer, try Tools, Internet Options, Programs, then look to see what is set as the program for Email.

mirta 17:51 21 Aug 06

Hi DieSse.
I use Freenetname and Yahoo Email. I have been using them for 5 years without any problem. Is it possible to avoid Outlook Express to set up email using internet shortcuts?

Cheers

Gongoozler 18:08 21 Aug 06

Hi mirta, if you follow the path in my last posting you should be able to select whatever email program you want as long as it's on your computer. I use Mozilla Thunderbird.

cycoze 18:09 21 Aug 06

You need an email client installed for this to work (as far as i am aware).

Your using online email which cannot do this (as far as i am aware).

But if you hold your cursor over the Email Link you should be able to see the emal address in the bottom left of Internet Explorer or FireFox (dont know about other browsers.

You can also right click the link and "copy shortcut" (IE) or "copy email address" (FF), or right click and select properties, just copy and paste into your online email.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…