email for msn messenger

chrisjohn 22:12 18 Nov 06

does anyone know how i display/recieve my hotmail when i am in messenger,one of the kids has it so it tells them how many they have,but they cant remember how they did it.

Chris Webster 22:17 18 Nov 06

If you mean msn messenger then there's a little envelope icon near the top and a figure in brackets e.g (3) the figure is the number of unread emails you've got.

Hope this is of help.

Cheers, Chris.

chrisjohn 22:19 18 Nov 06

yes i see that but ,it says click here to open your inbox then it opens outlook and my pop3 account,i want my hotmail account to work in messenger,thanks

rsinbad 22:20 18 Nov 06

open messenger /options/go to alerts and sounds then tick diplay alerts when email is received.

chrisjohn 22:24 18 Nov 06

thats already done but if i send email from pop3 account to hotmail nothing shows up,my password for my hotmail is not the same as messenger login password,should it be?

rsinbad 22:29 18 Nov 06

should be the same try changing see if that works

chrisjohn 22:41 18 Nov 06

ok ,i was signing into messenger with my pop3 email address,so now i am using hotmail add and it all works ok exept i have lost all my contacts cos i have signed in with new hotmail add,how do i transfer contacts over?

Chris Webster 22:41 18 Nov 06

Your Hotmail email account and MSN Messenger passwords should be the same as should your signing in name, which is your Hotmail address.

Cheers, Chris.

rsinbad 22:48 18 Nov 06

not sure you can do that apart from doing it manually. maybe someone else may have the answer

chrisjohn 22:51 18 Nov 06

thanks for your help upto now everyone.

chrisjohn 23:00 18 Nov 06

refresh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…