Email merge

Liteman 14:17 22 Jun 09

I run a photographic exhibition each year that involves sending out several "mail shots", each of about 2000 emails and one of about 1000 to advise the entrants as to whether they have been successful or not. Up until now I have used my own ISP, o2, but they have now limited the number of emails any one address can send to 50 per hour. Does anyone know of an ISP that I could sign up to (whilst keeping o2 for my personal emails) that would allow emailings of this size?

Clapton is God 15:10 22 Jun 09

I'm not aware that GMail, for example, has any limits of that sort

Liteman 15:14 22 Jun 09

Would this allow me to use an existing email address. At present I have one for the exhibition which is linked to our web site address and has already been circulated across the globe.

Clapton is God 15:22 22 Jun 09

"Would this allow me to use an existing email address"

No, you'll have to set up a new (free) address with them.

Clapton is God 15:25 22 Jun 09

Having said that, e-mail addresses are using unique to the ISP and it's not usually possible to 'transport' one e-mail address between ISPs.

Liteman 15:39 22 Jun 09

At present I use o2 as my main email provider/ISP, the exhibition emails are set up via the Exhibition web site and use the web site provider as the incoming mail server and o2 as the outgoing mail server.

Clapton is God 15:47 22 Jun 09

Nevertheless, my comments and suggestions, thus far, remain the same.

It seems to me that if 02's limit is going to create problems for you, you'll have to change your outgoing mail provider to one which DOESN'T impose such limits.

Can your web site provider do that??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…