email links

Creditman 13 Mar 12

Recently left click on email links does not work. Left click still ok for navigating internet, but problem also when left clicking a link from website. Using mouse, Windows XPHome SP3. Any suggestionsplease? Thanks

Woolwell 13 Mar 12

Which browser and what is your default e-mail client?

Creditman 13 Mar 12

Woolwell Browser is IE8. What do you mean by "default email client " ? I should have made it clear that the problem is left clicking links contained in email messages received,e.g I could not go straight to your message from your email link, I had to find it in PCAdvisor. Thanks

Woolwell 13 Mar 12

What are you opening the e-mails with Outlook Express, Live Mail or webmail?

Creditman 13 Mar 12

Outlook Express 6.

Woolwell 13 Mar 12

Haven't used OE6 for many years. Have a look at this. But be wary of registry changes and create system restore point before running the last portion.

Creditman 15 Mar 12

Woolwell

Thanks. Now discovered that my IE software was corrupt & this caused the problem. All sorted now.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message