Email link within an Email

rmt 23:54 11 Jun 04

I want to send someone an email with a different email link within it for them to reply to. The problem is when they use the link to reply, I need a copy sent to a different address without them knowing. But, using html, if I build a bcc into the mailto link, it still shows up that someone has been bcc'd in and that's what I don't want.
Any help much appreciated

johnnyrocker 23:57 11 Jun 04

sounds suspicious to me.

johnny

VoG II 23:59 11 Jun 04

Devious, I would say.

I think we need a full explanation of why you want to do this.

johnnyrocker 00:03 12 Jun 04

i think it should not be here at all without a valid explanation.

johnny.

Lionheart ? 08:56 12 Jun 04

Sounds dodgy.

rmt 10:12 12 Jun 04

There's nothing suspicious or dodgy going on at all, I simply need a member of staff who works at a different location to receive a copy of the email, but the customer may be put off by seeing someone cc'd in who they have not heard of. So I thought the simplest thing would be to try and hide the cc'd address completely.

johnnyrocker 11:24 12 Jun 04

would have been better if you had put it clearly in the first place, and the solution would be to bcc it.

johnny.

rmt 14:10 12 Jun 04

Yes I've tried the bcc option, but when you click on the email link and the "new mesasage" window pops up, the bcc line still shows who is going to receive it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…