Email on laptop

alilouise 15:30 29 May 06

I've set up outlook on my new laptop to receive emails from the ntl email address I have which i usually get on the house main computer.

last night they were coming through on the laptop (because i was using it maybe).

since then, have got them on the house email but not on the laptop.

ideally id like them to come through on both, if not then just the laptop. If I cancel the email account on the main computer will it mess it all up?

What is the best thing for me to do? Not at all technical so don't blind me with science!!

thanks

johnnyrocker 15:32 29 May 06

tools accounts, highlight on both computers and put a tick in leave a copy of message on server then you can safely connect for mail from either/both machines.

johnny.

VoG II 15:34 29 May 06

Assuming that you are using Outlook Express, on your desktop PC in OE Tools, Accounts, Mail tab, click on the e-mail account, Properties, Advanced tab, tick Leave a copy of message on server.

DieSse 15:53 29 May 06

If you change both systems to leave mail on the server - then the mail will never get deleted from the server, and your mail box will just fill up.

I suggest you change only the laptop, and leave the desktop as it is. Then you'll get the following scenario, which to my mind is more practical.

If you get the mail first from your desktop, it'll be deleted from the server, then you won't get it on the laptop too.

If you get mail first from your laptop, then you'll also get it on the desktop, ay which point it'll be deleted from the server.

alilouise 16:17 29 May 06

leaving it on the server works perfectly thanks!!!

Easy when you know how isnt it.

Alison

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…