email kills internet connections

DrLector 22:19 10 Oct 05

iv moved from diel-up to b-band,iv set up my new e-mail address with outlook express 6 but when i check mail,the connection is killed and the dile-up box apears and asks me to connect again, i do and can check the mail but how can i get it so i can be online and check my mail without re-conecting,

MAJ 22:30 10 Oct 05

In OE go to Tools > Options > Connection tab and untick the "Hang up after sending and receiving" option, click Apply and OK to exit. See if that helps, DrLector.

woodchip 22:33 10 Oct 05

Me Thinks this is another windup

MAJ 22:39 10 Oct 05

What do you mean ANOTHER wind up, woodchip, what did I miss?

woodchip 22:43 10 Oct 05

Look at Mouse

MAJ 22:55 10 Oct 05

Ahhhhhhhhh ;-)

DieSse 22:58 10 Oct 05

I don'y know why anyone thinks this is a wind-up - seems perfectly reasonable to me!

In the properties for your email accounts, you'll see a box under the Connection tab, "Always connect to this account using". Take the tick out of the box and try again.

johnnyrocker 23:38 10 Oct 05

in the possible absence of a wind up as the poster has moved to broadband they would need to configure connection settings to either lan or some other.

DrLector 07:20 11 Oct 05

thanks for the help ,this is NOT a "wind-up".

281apple 07:37 11 Oct 05

It is a problem of configuration ONLY! Try creating a Yahoo (or Hotmail) account and send youself a few Email and see if you have the same problem. I did that and have no further problems with OE.

Bagpipes 07:54 11 Oct 05

In Outlook Express go to Tools/accounts then open up default email connection then the connections tab and take the tick out of the box marked " always connect to this account using"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…