Email keeps returning

Barnacarry 14:28 26 Sep 08

Each time I try to send an email to a friend, mostly in plain text, it keeps coming back undelivered with the following comments -

SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
host smtp.fsmail.net [193.252.22.143]: 550 Error:
Message content rejected 98e4dc125becf048d4b04a6d6300199a>

I've checked with the recipient and he says his OE is working fine, so does anyone know what the above gobbledegook means?

Clapton is God 14:37 26 Sep 08

Your friend hasn't accidentally (or otherwise) added you to his spam/bounce list has he?

Barnacarry 14:51 26 Sep 08

I spoke to him last night and he says that he does have a spam filter but these are downloaded to a spam file where he can decide what to do with them.

brundle 14:56 26 Sep 08

The server is rejecting it, it's not getting as far as the recipients machine.
click here
Scroll most of the way down the page for answers.

Barnacarry 15:37 26 Sep 08

Thanks brundle, But I don't like putting credit card details into something that I have to cancel within 7 days just to get a trial, particularly online.

brundle 15:39 26 Sep 08

It's never blocked it before..try this link instead click here

Barnacarry 16:09 26 Sep 08

Hi brundle. I can see the the headings that might help me but unless I sign up with credit card details it says the following -

"All comments and solutions are available to Premium Service Members only. Sign up to view the solution to this question."

Barnacarry 16:24 26 Sep 08

I've just logged on to my ISP website and sent the email from there to see if that makes a difference.

anchor 16:29 26 Sep 08

Any help?:

click here

click here

Possible spam filter, or your ISP is on someones black list.

brundle 16:30 26 Sep 08

You have to scroll way, way down the page

anchor 16:32 26 Sep 08

A thought: if you have an alternative e-mail address, (such as Googlemail or Hotmail), log on & try sending direct from there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…