Email issue-Too Many Hops. Permanant Fatal Error

Evolution 10:26 05 Nov 08

Hi,

One of our clients is attempting to automaticaly forward customer email sent to his website (ie [email protected]) to ourselves, (a remote third party) and we have set up an email address and mailbox to accept this) (i.e [email protected])

We know the that our email address is accepting email because we have successfully sent test emails from remote sources (i.e hotmail and BT internet accounts) and it arrives in the inbox without any problem, as we would expect.

However, when our client attempts to have the original email, (which has been sent via his site) forwarded to us, he gets the following error:

"The following addresses had permanent fatal errors (which is the address we supplied to forward to)

554 5.4.6 Too many hops 28 (25 max)"

We are convinced the issue lies at his end as, like I said earlier, we have proven that we can successfully send to the email address supplied and receive it.

I've Google searched but found nothing really conclusive with regards where the problem originates and more importantly, how it can be fixed.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac