Email isnt Instant!

Beep 00:47 08 Mar 03

I keep seeing traditional letter post snidely referred to as snail mail in here. How can you say that when it takes at least 4 hours to deliver my email?

I received an email that was sent at i assume the time it was time and date stamped i.e 6/3/03 21.39.

I turned on my pc shortly before midnight and checked my email, there were no new ones. I checked it again shortly after 1am still no mail.

At 22.45 7/3/03 up come 4 emails all of which were time and date stamped prior to 22.00 6/3/03 and were not there when i checked. This always seems to happen to me - i ofen receive my emails hours after they have been sent.

Is this a fault or typcal of email? 1 have the much maligned 112Kb cable broadband connection.

I have just finished NTLs 2week 600 kb free trial and i didnt notice a blind bit of difference,

powerless 00:50 08 Mar 03

It would be the email servers...A delay isnt uncommon but if it keeps happening then contact NTL maybe theres a problem...

powerless 00:51 08 Mar 03
  Cordy13 00:56 08 Mar 03

It can be instantaneous, I've heard emails arriving as I sent them (on telephone) but at other times they have taken HOURS to arrive. Just one of those things!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…