Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…
I have recently taken Sky Broadband and have set up new email addresses for me and 3 other users on my PC. I still have my old NTL email addresses set up until my month's notice on that expires. At the same time I installed McAfee which comes free with Sky.
Since then I have had the following problems:
1) The Sky server for incoming mail is pop.sky.com but everyday this changed back to 127.0.0.1 which I think is the NTL server (even on the Sky email accounts). I have to change this back manually to receive emails.
2) Some of my emails are going to other Users on my PC
3) I cannot open Outlook Express or Internet Explorer in more than one PC User at a time - I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library message "Runtime Error! Program : C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
4) Can't see any verification codes on screen in Ebay
5) Where an email directs me to a web page, when I click on the link, nothing happens.
Any help on any of these would be greatly appreciated.
Don't think this is the same problem. I don't seem to have a 'VS7 Debug' folder.
to receive mails you need also to set the SMTP to smtp.sky.com sorry if i am stating the obvious but you only mention the POP
Ditch McAfee , it causes nothing but problems , I have read about ( and dealt with ) this problem loads of times . The 127.0.0.1 is the local host or loopback connection , instead of connecting to your ISP it is connecting you to yourself ....get something that works , even free stuff is better , AVG , Avast or suchlike can be downloaded , or get a friend to do it for you if you cannot connect , and while offline uninstall McAfee , then have a look , carefully , through the registry for any bits left behind , then install your free anti virus and a decent software firewall , the free version of Zone alarm is good , then delete your previous Sky details , and re-set up . That should cure the problem , hopefully !!
Ok thanks, I'll give that a try. Once I've uninstalled McAfee, how do I make sure all its associated bits have been removed from the registry?
Also, when you say delete my previous Sky details, do you mean remove the Sky email accounts from Outlook Express and then set up again?
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.