Email hold-up - VitalData

johnga 22:30 29 Sep 03

My long-time ISP (not a main-line one) was run by Affinity, which is now no more. Its functions have been taken over by Vital Data, which does not appear to respond to calls to the only phone number I have for it. Does anyone know how to contact them, preferably be e-mail?

I cannot now receive e-mail through them, the problem seeming to be with the next e-mail in line, which will not download (holding up about 1200 other e-mails). Why should this happen to an e-mail? Because I cannot identify it (even using Mailwasher) I do not know who sent it or what it contains. Is it because (guessing) it is too long, or has some peculiar attachment, or what? Does it contain a virus, which is stopping it?

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

mark500 22:38 29 Sep 03
  MAJ 23:08 29 Sep 03

Have you tried Twigger click here or Mail2Web click here to see what emails are waiting on the server to be downloaded, johnga, if you can sign in you should be able to delete the offending email from either of those sites.

johnga 20:16 05 Oct 03

My thanks to the responders on this query. On one, on entering my details, I was advised that my username/password was incorrect. It was not, so I do not know how to get around this.

The Twigger ISP list did not contain the name of mine, but they were extremely helpful and added it to their list. However, though I logged in eight times, I was not able to get to a page which would enable me to access my e-mails. I am awaiting a further response from them.

I will update in due course.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…