EMAIL HIGHJACK

asrobs 14:53 21 May 11

Hi, my Email has been used to send out spam and although I have run SPYBOT ADAWARE AVAST & STOPZILLA I know the mail bug is still being used how can I remove it, (and will it come back if I do?)

rdave13 14:57 21 May 11

First thing to do would be to change your email password.

Taff™ 16:09 21 May 11

Is the spam mail going to your personal addresses? If so is it a hotmail account or an e-mail associated with your ISP?

bremner 16:26 21 May 11

It is quite likely that your email is not compromised it is simply that your emsil address is being spoofed. Click Here

asrobs 16:36 21 May 11

TAFF, it is my hotmail account not my ISP one.

Taff™ 17:20 21 May 11

Right. Starting with rdave13 - change password! Is it using your hotmail address book as well?

Ian in Northampton 19:32 21 May 11

The advice to change your password is almost certainly good. However, I'd doubt that your email address really has been compromised. For example, if you check in your 'sent items' folder, what's there? I'd tend to suspect, as bremner suggests, a form of spoofing: it's not hard to make an email appear to come from any address you choose without having to have access to that email account. It could just be that you were unlucky enough to have yours chosen.

Taff™ 06:56 22 May 11

Ian in Northampton - hence the question about using his hotmail address book. If people in there have been receiving spam it might indicate that his hotmail account has been compromised. (Or someone in that address book with similar contacts and they`ve spoofed this one.)

asrobs 11:25 22 May 11

HI. PEOPLE I THINK IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO GET MY MAIL TRANSFERED TO ANOTHER ADDRESS THEN SEND OUT NEW MAIL FROM THERE, WHAT DO YOU FOLKS THINK?

asrobs 11:25 22 May 11

HI. PEOPLE I THINK IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO GET MY MAIL TRANSFERED TO ANOTHER ADDRESS THEN SEND OUT NEW MAIL FROM THERE, WHAT DO YOU FOLKS THINK?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now