email header ?

tooter 11:13 17 Jul 05

When I print an email that I have received, on the top left of any email in bold underlined print is the name of a previous ISP that I no longer use but is still on my computer, am I right in thinking it’s a some sort of header? It’s on any email that I have received and printed but it is not visible on the screen just on the printed sheet. How can I remove it? Thanks for your help.

howard60 21:54 17 Jul 05

It could be the title bar branding that is causing this. removing the Title bar branding from Outlook Express involves editing the Registry, so take whatever backup precautions you deem necessary before you start. Then click Start, Run, type Regedit and hit Enter. Open in turn the following Registry folders: Hkey_Current_User, Identities, {id-number}, Software, Microsoft, Outlook Express. Select the folder 5.0 (or whatever version of Outlook Express you are running), then look in the righthand pane for a value named WindowTitle. You can modify the text held in this value (double-click to edit it) or just delete it. If more than one id-number appears in your Registry, you may need to repeat the exercise for each one. It could also be in IE close all programs go to Start => Run type regedit press OK drilldown as follows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main on the right-hand side double click on "Window Title" enter the new value close the registry. If this does not cure it look in the registry for progs.

watchful 08:01 18 Jul 05

You could also try - in the Outlook Express window - File/Identities/Manage Identities and see what it says there. My e-mails print off with my name at the top which is the one ticked under identities.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…