e'mail hangs

n4165si 17:03 19 Oct 07

when checking for e'mails in Outlook ,it states that 2 of two tasks have been completed ,but the progress panel will not clear and i cannot receive any more emails.

Technotiger 17:18 19 Oct 07

Press Ctrl/Alt/Del then stop it running, then try again.

n4165si 17:40 19 Oct 07

Technotiger
Iv'e tried that and it doesn't work,it doesn't stop the process ,nor ending the the task in task manager ,that gets stuck as well,i have shut down and rebooted twice and that don't work.the progress panel still hangs. i have looked into the event veiwer and have a error id 1 which states,source NVIEW cannot be found ,the local computor may not have the necessary Registry information or message DLL files to display the message ,from a remote computor .you may be able to to use AUXSOURCE=flag to retrieve this info .Firefox shared heap or damaged. i don't know whether this anything to do with it ,but i cannot get anything in the panel in SERVICES either

Technotiger 17:44 19 Oct 07

Try running CCleaner click here there is a possibility that may fix the registry.

Technotiger 17:46 19 Oct 07

Or maybe a System Restore back to before you did that check for emails.

n4165si 18:08 19 Oct 07

Technotiger
I ran Ccleaner but it did not fix it, so i did a system restore and now okay ,thanks

Technotiger 18:52 19 Oct 07

Grreat, good old System Restore! and would you believe, some people have System Restore switched off.

I have a full backup on an external drive, but if I ever have a problem, System Restore is always my first bet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…