email form creation in front page

monkon2 23:49 11 Jun 04

i am creatng a feedback email form for my website. i have made quite good progress but io am now stuck. by default the form is saved to private/form.txt but i feel i need to change this, but i have no idea what to do. i have used my email address as the reply to address but when submit button is clicked it says 'unable to display page' can someone please offer any advice on how to set up this form

thanks in advance

monkon2 11:07 12 Jun 04

i probably sound very dumb, but any chance of a step by step guide on this as i am still very confused and what i tried based on what u said didnt work, i keep getting an error message 'please insert vcalid url address' i have tried verything i can think of and it didnt seem to work.

thanks in advance

monkon2 15:45 12 Jun 04

yes. iam entering both of these and i am still getting the error message, im a bitlost!!!

monkon2 23:08 12 Jun 04

thanks, ill give it a try, and let u know how i get on

monkon2 23:32 12 Jun 04

sorry, one more thing, i want to add a field to the form so people can send attachments. is this possible, and if so how

your help is very much appreciated by the way

monkon2 09:19 13 Jun 04

good point, trying the tutorial now, let u know how i get on

thanks again

Gingermum 15:13 07 Jul 04

I once created a subweb on an FP site where I could only email to an address within the domain. Good security measure. So I got myself an email within that domain and had it then forwarded from there to my private email address. Check if the host has imposed this restriction. Although when I asked help they didn't know and I had to work that one out for myself.

monkon2 20:28 07 Jul 04

thanks for that , ill do some checking

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…