email footer?

Dr Grumps 11:04 11 Mar 03

I would like to add an email footer, so that when i sent emails there is a message that always goes with the email! preferable a different message for some addressess but not essential!!

im using outlook express 6
any ideas if it is possible and if so how!!

thanks

G

turkeylurkey 11:16 11 Mar 03

i add my business web address to all my emails by saving it as a signature in Tools>Options>Signatures. You can set outlook so that it adds a signature to all emails or save different signatures and add just the one you want when you write an email.

hope that helps

€dstow 11:28 11 Mar 03

Like turkeylurkey, I always put a "signature" at the bottom of emails. It is a legal disclaimer thus:

"The information contained in this message is confidential. It may also be legally privileged. It is intended for the stated addressee(s) and access to it by any other person is unauthorized. If you are not the addressee you must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information contained in this message. Such unauthorized use may be unlawful. If you have received this message in error, please inform us at the address at the top of the page and delete or destroy it and any copies you have."

It is in 8 point italic TNR. It is kept in My Documents as an HTML file and accessed by the procedure stated above.

€d

Sir Radfordin™ 11:33 11 Mar 03

I love 'em little disclaimers! Most of the time they are longer than the email itself.

Problem is that if you mis-type an email address then what legal defence is the disclaimer?

If you are just using OE then do as suggested, we've got a registry entry in place at work that adds our lengthy disclaimer onto all emails that pass through the mail server. This prevents anyone from sending it out without it on.

€dstow 11:43 11 Mar 03

I am not suggesting that the legal defence in my illustration is of any use at all. It puts off casual readers which is all I intend. That isn't the point of this thread, it's purpose is how to achieve the footer and I gave the legal statement as an example of what can be put in there, showing that it doesn't have to be a "signature" within the usual meaning of that word.

My system is set up as your seems to be and no email leaves my company without a disclaimer attached.

€d

recap 11:45 11 Mar 03

My works email has a signature attached on all outgoing mail as follows:

This email, including any files transmitted with it, is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
Any views or opinions expressed by the sender of this message do not necessarily represent those of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If you have received this email in error please be advised that any use or disclosure of the information contained within it is strictly prohibited.

The xxxx are for our business name.

You can create a new signature for any account you have by clicking on the 'Advanced' button on the signature options window.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…