Email Fonts going beserk??

rozelle 13:23 12 Apr 04

Hi I am experiencing a really mysterious situation and am asking if anyone can help. I have Windows XP and Outlook Express 6. Since yesterday, the emails in my Inbox have all changed their font size and the lettering in the body of the email, is in bold and extra large size. The heading and title details are all in normal print. Furthermore, when I go back and re-read these emails, I open them up and two copies of the same email come up, one on top of the other. Then when I type emails to send out, the address and heading comes up normal, but the body of the text types up in bold large letters even though I have not altered the font size or the type style. Trying out different things, I did manage to type in a different typestyle and the bold lettering did not come up, but the the letters were in a larger than normal size. I am absolutely baffled - I have even found it difficult to relate the problems - this is so weird.

VoG II 13:34 12 Apr 04

Have you tried changing the settings in View/Text size?

rozelle 13:46 12 Apr 04

Vog [TM} you must be a genius, I did what you suggested and it seems to have done the trick. Now I am curious as to what may have caused the problems in the first place? Any ideas about this? Whatever, I am really pleased and grateful for your sound advice. Many thanks

VoG II 13:48 12 Apr 04

Why these things happen is a mystery...

Possibly you have a wheel mouse and inadvertently rotated the wheel whilst pressing the CTRL button.

rozelle 13:52 12 Apr 04

Yes VoG [Tm] I think you are spot on. I do have a wheel mouse and at one point yesterday my Ctrl key was "stuck" in the down position. I am really really delighted to have had your help.
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…