Email filtering/blocking emails

Vonnie 16:34 25 Aug 04

Can anyone tell me how I can change the filter level on my email account as I am sure some of my mail is not getting to me? I can alter the setting on my hotmail account but do not know how to do this on my main e mail account. My service provider is Pipex.
Also, does anyone know how I can block an email address from my account as I am getting a lot of rubbish through recently?
Thanks for your help!

johnsims 17:20 25 Aug 04

It may help if you could tell us what email client you are using - Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora etc.

Vonnie 19:49 25 Aug 04

Johnsims - I use Outlook.

Eamonncw 22:23 27 Aug 04

First who is your ISP. Do not answer the question here for security sake. If your email address is
"somebody @ ISP" then make your ISP your default email provider.Go to Control Panel ...Internet Options.....Connections and then make your ISP your Mail provider. They should have a firewall etc to protect their clients, if not a change of ISP is in order.

Vonnie 22:33 27 Aug 04

Thank you for that - have just altered the filter level.
Any idea re the blocking of email addresses?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…