Email files

joebruce 21:19 21 Feb 03

Where are my email files stored on my computer?

siouxah1 21:42 21 Feb 03

Carry out a search for *.pst files. This is where they are kept.

Regards Brian.

MAJ 21:44 21 Feb 03

Or if you're using Outlook Express, search for .dbx files.

MAJ 21:47 21 Feb 03

Your Store Folder can be found by going to OE > Tools > Options > Maintenance tab > Store Folder button. That'll give you the path to follow.

joebruce 22:13 21 Feb 03

I have looked and found the mail folders using .pst or .dbx files.....but where are all my incoming and out going emails kept on my computer.....if they are? I know how to find them on my ISP sever........but where are they kept om my computer. Thanks people.

MAJ 22:15 21 Feb 03

Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express, joebruce?

DieSse 00:10 22 Feb 03

emails are not kept as one file per email - they are kept in a database file.

In Outlook Express, all your emails in say, the Inbox, are in the inbox.dbx file.

Outlook is a little different, in that all emails, contacts, calendars, etc, are kept in a single humungous file called xxxxx.pst - where xxxxx relates to your user name for the computer.

If you use a webmail service - such as yahoo - then the emails are not even in your computer - they're on the server at the ISP. Hotmail may be kept in the Hotmail server, or in your system if you use Outlook Express to talk to Hotmail.

anchor 09:07 22 Feb 03

I use Outlook 2000, and all my e-mail files are stored in a single folder called Outlook.pst.

This is located in

C:\windows\application Data\microsoft\Outlook

My computer user name is something quite different.

joebruce 09:25 22 Feb 03

I am using outlook express......if I detete my email from OE is there a copy held on my computer and if so this is what I need to know, and where I can see them

DieSse 09:29 22 Feb 03

You can look at the .dbx file for the folder you deleted it from, with a text viewer (try WordPad), and see if it still inside the data base.

It'll look a bit of a mess; if it's anywhere, it's there. But it may have been removed after the deletion and any subsequent compaction of the databse file.

jazzypop 11:26 22 Feb 03

When you delete an email in Outlook Express, it is not deleted from your PC, but moved to the Deleted Items folder.

To view this, go to View > Go to folder.. , and click the plus sign next to Local folders, click on Deleted Items and press OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…