Email Error messages

Allan RISC OS user 15:11 30 Jul 09

I have sent the following to Tiscali, have not had a reply as yet, can anyone out there throw any light on the problem?

The following error message is displayed when I log in to my email account [email protected] via the tiscali.co.uk website "Could not connect to the specified mail server. Please check your account settings",

and this error message when using Thunderbird "Alert: Sending the Password did not succeed. Mailserver pop.tiscali.co.uk responded: invalid mailbox directory".

My other email address [email protected] appears to be functioning correctly as are my other email addresses via yahoo.

This problem has only occurred today Wednesday 29 July.

I can send emails from [email protected] to [email protected] and read the message when received.

I have not changed any of my account settings in Tiscali or Thunderbird, so what could be the problem? Both email addresses have the same setting!

woodchip 15:16 30 Jul 09

You are really asking for trouble posting your E-Mails if they are yours

woodchip 15:17 30 Jul 09

You are really asking for trouble posting your E-Mails if they are yours onto a forum for all to see

Sea Urchin 15:20 30 Jul 09

Sounds like Tiscali is down - are you near Poole by any chance?

click here

And I agree with woodchip - crazy to post your email addresses on an open forum (which also gets picked up on Google etc)

Clapton is God 15:42 30 Jul 09

No problems here with Tiscali e-mail (I just logged into my account at their web-mail service from my office PC).

Try again later.

You may want to start thinking about new e-mail addresses for yourself as I rather suspect the two you've just advertised to the world will shortly start getting more than their fair share of spam.

Allan RISC OS user 16:41 30 Jul 09

Thanks for the info, did not think of the problems!!!!

I do not use them as my main email addresses, but will change and not bother to look at them as soon as they start giving trouble.

Allan RISC OS user 17:33 30 Jul 09

Will await message from ISP!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…