email a document in word 2007

dobbin 19:02 19 Oct 08

I have just bought a new laptop with word 2007 installed on a free trial. I have just about got grips with it but cannot see a way to email a document as an email rather than as an attachment using outlook, which seems to be the only option. Previous versions of word allowed you to email the document in 'Outlook express' or 'Windows mail' as they now call it. Is there a way of doing this other than copying and pasting?

VoG II 19:12 19 Oct 08

Click the Office button (top left) > Word Optrions > Customize > select All Commands and add 'Sent to mail recipient' to the Quick Access Toolbar.

dobbin 19:26 19 Oct 08

I have done as you suggested VOG, its well hidden isn't, but I still only get the option to send as an attachment.

BRYNIT 21:53 19 Oct 08

From the Office help file.

1. Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Program Name Options, where Program Name is the name of the program you are in, for example, Word Options.

2. Click Customize, and then in the Choose commands from list, click All Commands.

3. Click Send to Mail Recipient, and then click Add to add the command to the Quick Access Toolbar.

dobbin 12:54 21 Oct 08

Thanks brynit and VOG, have managed to do it. However Word '97 always insists in doing it in 'outloo' when everything else pertaining to emails that I do is in 'Windows mail'. Is it possible to force 'Word' to use 'Windows mail' rather than 'outlook' so that I can keep all my email files in one program?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced