email delivery failure

007robbo 09:59 18 Jun 05

I am trying to send an attachment to a friend but it keeps coming back as a delivery failure, it's less than 1mb and every one else has received it. I have even tried sending others but they come back from him too. he's done the normal stuff ie system restore but nothing seems to work. Any ideas please?

DieSse 10:07 18 Jun 05

"it keeps coming back as a delivery failure"

Please tell us the exact error message

DieSse 10:09 18 Jun 05

PS - a failure to deliver message usually comes from the ISP - so I don't think it will have anything to do with your friends actaul system. Maybe their mailbox is full?

007robbo 10:12 18 Jun 05

it says postmaster @hotmail delivery notification failure, it happens almost instantly, could it be something my end

007robbo 10:13 18 Jun 05

he's emptied his mail box junk and deleted messages and still nothing

wee eddie 10:16 18 Jun 05

For instance, I gave out my new address as [email protected] and thought no more about it. After-all, I've had my business address with Yahoo for years.

Two days later I got an irate call to say that my mail box were bouncing.

Of course, the address I should have given him was [email protected], which is easily done.

007robbo 10:19 18 Jun 05

thats ok as I can send him e mails

DieSse 10:26 18 Jun 05

- so it's only attachments then?

Any kind of attachments? - some services won't let you send programs, .exe files and some others.

007robbo 10:28 18 Jun 05

It's only just started happening which is why he did a system restore

007robbo 10:31 18 Jun 05

yes and any attachments come back, he uses freeserve if that is any help- has done for years

wee eddie 10:36 18 Jun 05

Some services limit you to 1Mg if you do not pay an annual fee

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…