email (.dbx) from old PC to new

wotbus@ 20:51 30 Nov 05

Old PC Win98 Outlook Express to brand new virgin PC WinXP. What would be the best way to transfer a lot of email? I have a Superlink cable and software. Could I just launch OE on the new PC than just copy across the .dbx files and folders? Ultimately I would like to use T/bird on the new PC and I am aware it will import files from OE and Outlook. Any advice would be welcome, and thanks in advance.

VoG II 20:59 30 Nov 05

See click here and click here articles 309-311.

wotbus@ 21:09 30 Nov 05

Cheers VoG™. Seems a bit long winded but it's a friend with business stuff and thus, loads of email. Thanks for the links.

wotbus@ 21:25 30 Nov 05

Perhaps I should have Googled first, gordon bennet...maybe this will help others though! This link is useful click here but there are loads of others. Search with "transfer email to new computer" ;-)

VoG II 21:30 30 Nov 05

Oops my first click here should have been click here

Sorry I have a MS keyboard with Cut, Copy and Paste buttons and the Copy button seems to be on the blink. This could answer my Christmas pressie question in Speaker's Corner.

99ab 00:56 01 Dec 05

I had this problem and bought a commercial e-mail backup and restore program called Outlook Express Backup Wizard. I am very happy with it. The cost was about 24ukp. If you put your UK VAT Registration number into the payment procedure, you are not charged VAT.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…