Email continuously downloading

tamsin 16:37 21 Mar 12
Answered

Please can you tell me how to stop an email continuously downloading and stopping all other emails. So far I have received it 20 times. There is an attachment USS Montana.wmv.

I trust the person that sent this email but there must be something wrong with the video.

I am using Thunderbird and WIN7 64 bit and have an account with BY ---- for my sins --- what a mistake that was to make.

dms_05 16:53 21 Mar 12

Can you access the email account as webmail (ie log on to your emails from your browser)? If you can the do so and delete the offending email.

Sea Urchin 17:13 21 Mar 12

When you have deleted it from your webmail site as dms_05 suggests it would also be a good idea to permanently delete it from the Deleted folder. These "sticky" emails can sometimes still cause a problem even in the Deleted folder.

tamsin 17:31 21 Mar 12

I am on the BT Yahoo webmail at the moment and cannot see the offending email at all. Although the message comes up that emails cannot be downloaded?!

tamsin 17:57 21 Mar 12

Took your advice and deleted them all from the Deleted folder and all of a sudden 84 messages started to come in. Strange - never seen it before but the word [Bulk] was added in from the the subject.

Confusing though BT Yahoo webmail said there were only 3 messages which they could not download. Still hopefully it will work ok now.

Thanks for your help.

tamsin 14:33 23 Mar 12

Well here we are 2 days later and that USS Montana is downloading all over again. I keep deleting it but I dont seem to be solving the problem. I wonder why I cant see it on BTYahoo. Of course there is no such thing as help from them. Any ideas anyone? Please.......

lotvic 17:03 23 Mar 12

Have you tried emptying ALL the Folders on your Webmail Server?

USS Montana is an email 'joke' wma viewable on and downloadable from emailjokez.com file size 1.97 MB

[BULK] added to the Subject means it has been marked by Yahoo Spam Filter and placed in your Spam folder and then downloaded to you.

Woolwell 17:17 23 Mar 12

Has the originator resent the e-mail? Have you done a virus/malware scan?

It has to be on the webmail server before coming to you so as lotvic states have you examined all folders?

Sadly it is not a very good joke, years old and has the wrong ship if it ever was true.

tamsin 19:41 26 Mar 12
Answer

Hi there

Yes I have deleted all the emails on the BT Yahoo webmail. and this has helped. Also have deleted the messages from my in box and the deleted folder. The problem was occurring with another email from somebody else too.

Have run malwarebytes and Kaspersky and ASC - all came up clean. Also CCleaner was clean too.

Hopefully it will all work properly now.

Thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…