//some 3rd party need geo

Email carbon copy

callingman 11:30 07 Jun 04

When you add CC (carbon copy)addresses to an email, does your PC send out a serperate copy to each recipient or does the ISP's SMTP server do that for you.

Taff36 11:49 07 Jun 04

Since there is only one copy in the Sent Items Folder I reckon it`s down to the ISP. Good question - why is it important?

pj123 11:57 07 Jun 04

I send a weekly update to my Lottery Syndicate members (which is set up as a Group in OE) but it is only sent once from my PC, so I guess the ISP does the rest.

g0slp 12:10 07 Jun 04

As far as I know, it's done by the ISP.

On the ships I serve on we have Globe Wireless as the ISP for our email, & you get charged for the air time by the size of the message. We only get charged once, regardless of the number of recipients for messages which are .cc or .bcc, so in that case it's definitely the ISP

callingman 18:09 07 Jun 04

had a customer who received serveral copies of one email when it had been cc'd to about 12 other people. They were told by their ISP that it was a problem with their server, that made me wonder where were the cc'd copies actually created.

VoG II 20:04 07 Jun 04

I beg to differ. I believe that your e-mail program sends multiple copies.

In the Tobit e-mail client, every copy sent appears in the Out box. Very annoying :o(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…