Email via BTbroadband

southwood 08:38 21 Jun 04

Email via BTbroadband

I have just installed BTbroadband.
Currently my email is on Outlook by dialing up either from Freeserve or Tiscali. By redirecting to the BTbroadband dialup routing I can download my emails into Outlook, BUT I cannot send emails ( 550 Administrative prohibition)

I want to continue to use Outlook with e-mails stored on my PC, and not depend upon an online internet mail box to store emails (like Yahoo).
What do I have to change for it to work ?

Pesala 21:01 22 Jun 04

but this will get your post back to the top.

You have to change your settings for the outgoing mail server. Mine setting is smtp.ntlworld.com

whybe 21:34 22 Jun 04

I have just had a look at the BT Yahoo help pages for email. Although they do not mention your 550 error message, there are some pretty helpful guidelines for setting up email clients. Would that be of use?

southwood 18:49 23 Jun 04

I have discovered the answer in another thread.
It was necessary for me to change SMTP settings to another outgoing mail server(as advised above). BTbroadband Basic does NOT provide an email server and therefore I have installed my own SMTP server on my PC courtesy of click here
PostCast Server is a free SMTP mail server program that enables you to send e-mail messages directly from your computer.
It does exactly what it claims and enables me to keep my existing ISP POP email addresses.

Many thanks everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…