email blocked

Kate B 14:01 04 Jul 05

A friend is unable to send emails - she's getting this message from Outlook (actually, it's Entourage, she's on a Mac): "mail blocked http cbi [email protected]/lookup.cgi ip=" (not quite sure of any slashes etc as she's reporting it over the phone).

She's on a Mac so I doubt it's spyware - any thoughts?

Al94 16:43 04 Jul 05

That message is an indicator the ISP has fallen into one of the spam filtering lists in use. Your friend should contact her mail provider.

Kate B 17:19 04 Jul 05

Her mail provider is different to her ISP, Al94 - which one should she talk to?

Al94 17:36 04 Jul 05

Kate, I'm not 100% sure but think she needs to talk to her mail provider

Kate B 17:44 04 Jul 05

thanks, Al94 - she uses the same webhosting/mail service as I do and I'm having no problems; in fact I've already emailed them about her problem. I'll suggest she also talks to Bulldog, her ISP.

If anyone else has further thoughts I'd be grateful ...

Kate B 00:02 05 Jul 05

It turns out that my friend had been allocated an ip address by her isp that had been used by a spammer and so her mail was being blocked. That's something I guess I knew theoretically could happen but had never actually seen. The joys of dynamic ip addresses!

Al94 11:20 05 Jul 05

Glad you got it sorted - we are all constantly on a learning curve!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…