Email Backups

rdh660 12:03 12 Feb 06

Hi everyone

I am about to reinstall windows XP and have been reading articles about backing up and recovering my outlook express data (information supplied by previous forum solutions). It all seems pretty straight forward using the facilities in Outlook Express to copy info to a backup file and to copy it back into the fresh outlook express program after reinstall.
My question is this, when I choose to import my messages from the backup folder I have stored them in will this action ALSO replace any FOLDERS I have made for myself other than the basic ones inbox, drafts etc or will I have to replace these folders manually BEFORE copying the emails saved in the backup. Hope I have managed to make myself clear here. Thanks

Longhouse 12:06 12 Feb 06

It should resore your OE folders and structure just as you had them before. Done this myself several times.

Longhouse

rdh660 12:12 12 Feb 06

Thanks for the fast response Longhouse.
I was hoping that was the case.
regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…