Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…
I am with freedom2surf broadband and use Microsoft Outlook for my email. I am on holiday from Friday and would like to set up an auto-reply but there's nothing in MS-Outlook that enables me to set this up. I have my own email address.
Many thanks to anyone who replies
Outlook has the facility...
1. Open a new Outlook message formatted as plain text . Note : Do not
use Microsoft Word as the e-mail editor.
2. Type whatever information you would like to appear in your reply
3. On the File menu, click Save As .
4. In the Save As dialogue box, click to select the Outlook Template
check box in the Save As Type list.
5. Type a name for your reply template in the File Name box, and click
Defining a Rule to Send an Automatic Reply
1. Go to your Inbox.
2. On the Tools menu, click Rules Wizard.
3. In the Rules Wizard dialogue box, click New .
4. Under Which type of rule do you want to create? click Check
messages when they arrive , and then click Next .
5. Under Which condition(s) do you want to check? , click to select
the Sent Only To Me check box, or any other criteria you want, and
then click Next.
6. Under What do you want to do with the message? , click to select
the Reply using a specific template check box.
7. Under Rule Description , click the underlined phrase, a specific
8. In the Select A Reply Template dialogue box, click the template you
saved in step 5 of the previous set of instructions, and then click
9. Complete the Rule Wizard instructions, click Finish and then click
The Rules Wizard rule to "reply using a specific template" is designed
to send the reply only once to each sender, during a session. This
prevents Outlook from sending repetitive replies to a sender from whom
you receive multiple messages.
During a session, Outlook remembers the list of users to whom it has
responded. Restarting Outlook deletes this list, resetting the rule to
start again for each sender.
NOTE : Outlook must be running for the Rules Wizard to auto-reply.
Also, it must be configured to periodically check for new messages and
set to hang up when finished sending and receiving.
When you return for your holiday, choose Tools, Rules Wizard, uncheck
the rule name you used. This will turn off your auto-reply (this will
also turn auto-reply on when you check the rule name.)
You may edit your Outlook template when you want to use the auto-reply
again. To edit your auto-reply template;
1. Choose File, New, Choose Form.
2. Choose User Template in File System in the ?Look In' drop down
3. Select the Outlook Template you want to edit and click Open.
4. Edit your template and save.
Excellent way of letting the Guild of Burglars know that your manor is vacant. ;-)))
Many thanks spikeychris will work on it.
Burglars are not interested in your personal house. ;o)
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.