Email Attachments suddenly being sent to C:\My docs\ \ \

Diemmess 10:42 AM 16 Jan 12

Having made the move from BT Yahoo to Google Chrome, all was well and if I wished to download a file I could select where to store it.

Now, when trying the same approach I have no choice to select. Pressing a continue button instead of "Save or Open" and nothing more seems to happen.

By chance I've discovered the downloaded file(s) in C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Me's documents\Download.

I think the bogey may be a session my granddaughter had last evening. She's 14, very much at ease with the keyboard and taught herself touch typing.

Have run MalwareBytes - (clean). I use XP Pro and hope for someone out there to tell me how to return to what I imagine is the default way of downloading where I can select the address before downloading?

rdave13 10:54 AM 16 Jan 12

Have a look here.

Diemmess 11:16 AM 16 Jan 12

Spot on (and not for the first time either.)

Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11