email attachments

bobbyalec 19:54 15 Apr 03

some emails include attachments I can't see because of a red "X" in the corner. I know i've seen the solution somewhere but can't remember what it is! If I have to change security/privacy settings for incoming mail, is there any way I can then look at the attachments on previously opened emails or are they inaccessible forever?
Help!

cycoze 20:26 15 Apr 03

In Outlook click on the Tools button then `options` select the `security` tab , about a third of the way down , uncheck the box besides "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus".

Once done you will be able to open/view previously opened attachments.

Obviously play safe and have an Anti Virus program running.

spikeychris 20:32 15 Apr 03

Are you receiving an error message? On the tools menu click options then security. Un-tick do not allow attachments to be saved etc.

Chris

spikeychris 20:34 15 Apr 03

Sorry cycoze I didn't refresh the page......

imarcus2 20:40 15 Apr 03

On a similar note, how do you overcome 'greyed out' '.doc'file extensions on attachments, so that they can be read - presumably in MSWord, or even SunOffice?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…