Email attachment problem

standby 14:15 24 Jun 07

I often receive emails and the sender will refer me to the attachment but there is nothing to click on to open up the promised attachment.

Photographs are received no problem. I run Win XP and Microsoft Works and have downloaded Microsoft Power Point Viewer hoping to solve the problem but find the Viewer no help, in fact can not understand how to apply the viewer.

Could it be that Microsft Word is required in order to use Power Point (?).

Advice will be greatly appreciated.

Standby

amonra 16:05 24 Jun 07

If there are no little "envelopes" or "paper clips" at the side of the EMail in your Inbox, then the sender has not attached anything. I've got a friend who is forever sending me mail but forgetting to attach the relevant doc.
If the sender swears blind he has attached a file, then ask him to send a CC to himself to see if it gets there.

bretsky 16:11 24 Jun 07

What email program are you using and is it XP sp2?

Powerpoint file extns are .pps & .ppt. Word documents are .doc

You say you have downloaded the P/point viewer but have you installed it because once installed no user intervention is needed, you just click on the pps or ppt file extn and the slideshow will automatically begin, using the viewer.

Could you just verify exactly what you are trying to do.

bretsky ;0)

standby 19:52 24 Jun 07

Amonra...many thanks for the clue to my problem.

Never associated the symbol that I now realize is a paper clip with the missing attachments.

Have to admit to clicking it at various times but seemingly without result so have ignored it until now. It does take more than one click I notice but that is my excuse.

Bretsky...Power point is installed OK but thank you anyway.

Regards to each.....Standby

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…