email attachment help ?

74elmtree 13:30 02 Oct 08

Some emails I receive the attachment opens in notebook format, part in English but most part in gobbly gook. I am unable to open in PDF. Any help appreciated. Many thanks. Jack.

Jak_1 13:34 02 Oct 08

It will depend mainly with what program was used to generate the attachements. However, right click on the attachement and select open with ...
That way you can choose the program to open the attachement, the attachement file name ext should give you a clue as to which program was used to generate it.

74elmtree 14:08 02 Oct 08

Jak_1. The two attachment I have are, one is a pdf, the one I am getting the gobbly gook is a doc.I have tried the right click the choices I get are open, open in new tag, open in new window.They don't help.

Ventad 14:20 02 Oct 08

Are you opening attachments from persons that you are expecting attachments from. If not just delete the email otherwise this is the quickest way to get a virus! The doc.1 sounds like a microsoft word or possibly microsoft works.

cowgirl66 10:05 04 Oct 08

I use this small application to open '.doc' files as I don't have Microsoft Office or Word.

click here

cowgirl66 10:08 04 Oct 08

And the '.pdf' file can be opened by Adobe Reader.

click here

cowgirl66 10:11 04 Oct 08

Sometimes when I find a file I can't open I use this website. You simply type in the file extension (don't forget the dot) in the box on the left hand side and click and away you go. The results will show you all the information you need about any particular file extension and what programs are needed to open them.

Regards cowgirl66

cowgirl66 10:12 04 Oct 08

whoopes, forget to give you the website address lol. here it is;

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced