Email asks 4 Username & Password. Change it?

LAP 22:30 03 Sep 05

O/S win xp have been on broadband for about 3 weeks, wireless using Bt router and Bt usb networking adaptors. I use Outlook Express for my mail. Everything has been working perfect until now. Today when I clicked to view my mail the following appeared 'Please enter your User Name and Password for the following server' I have never altered these.

I have been to Tools/Accounts/Properties/servers and re-entered my user name and password but the same message keeps appearing.

Can you help please. I have been into the old threads with no luck so far. I have run the Internet Explorer repair in xp.

Can I just delete Outlook Express and start again? Thanks.

stalion 22:33 03 Sep 05

this can happen sometimes when there is a problem with the email server I would try again later rather than mess with your pc at this time

Fellsider 22:34 03 Sep 05

Probably a BT problem. Try to look at e-mails online or try again later.

I get the same with my ISP when things are too busy.

Fellsider 22:35 03 Sep 05

The joy of two answers at the same time.

stalion 22:36 03 Sep 05

two answers are better than none lol

VoG II 22:37 03 Sep 05

Thirded!

LAP 10:45 04 Sep 05

1st 2nd & thirded you are all correct. It was a problem with BT which has now sorted itself out.
Thanks for your replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…