email archive

atholmere 23:09 12 Apr 04

I want to be able to back up my emails in OE to disc and be able to read them. Emails are store in the file you select but these have .dbx extensions and can only be read by converting them to .eml file extensions using a programme such as DBXtract. However running DBXtract does not retain the emails in the folders I have set up in OE. How can I do this other than by setting up each individual folder on the disc and then processing the files in each of the OE folder one at a time?

beeuuem 00:03 13 Apr 04

The OE Freebie Backup from click here will save OE in the folder layout you have in OE.
The only readers I have found (which is not to say that there are not more out there!)are Mailnavigator from
click here

and DBXanalyzer from click here both of which are shareware.

woodchip 00:11 13 Apr 04

Just make a folder and copy al the DBX files to folder then you are not playing with the originals

atholmere 23:10 13 Apr 04

Thanks beeuuem for providing the lead to MailNavigator. This does exactly what I wanted and more. Wasn't too impressed with DBXanyliser.

frazky 23:45 13 Apr 04

-- search forum - I've posted it before with my url.

frazky 23:53 13 Apr 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…