Email anywhere?

Survey Surfer 12:36 04 Sep 04

Is there away of checking email at home, work, library or internet cafe without using web-based email?

pj123 14:13 04 Sep 04

I think most ISPs allow that now. Just login to your ISP Home page and there should be link to your email inbox. I am on NTL and have just tried it, works OK.

Belatucadrus 15:02 04 Sep 04

You can run i.scribe from a floppy click here though that does limit your storage space. Works best on text not html and can also be used to preview mail on the server

Easterner 15:05 04 Sep 04

In the event that you are with one of the ISPs that do not have the link mentioned by pj123, mail2web click here will let you access your emails

pj123 16:08 04 Sep 04

I also have an AOL dialup account and have just been to my next door neighbours house and tried it from his computer. Logged in to AOL home page and can access my emails no problem. Can't do anything other than read them though. ie. I can't reply to them or create a new one. Just give it a try and see if your ISP offers the same facility.

Survey Surfer 10:23 06 Sep 04

Does anyone access pop mail at work, internet cafe or a library from behind a firewall?
How can this be done if you dont know the isp or cant authenticate a pop mail client?

Regards Jezzy

carper 11:45 06 Sep 04

I always use click here where you simply key in your e-mail address and password.
works well for me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…