email Addresses and Changing ISP

proudfoot 16:49 PM 17 May 13

We are thinking of changing our ISP from BT to Sky. Our email addresses are with BT yahoomail. Will we have to set up new email addresses with Sky or can we still use the BTyahoo mail addresses.

Newuser939 10:19 AM 19 May 13

You will have to either change your email address or pay £1.60 a month for BT's premium email.

BT 12:48 PM 19 May 13

We changed from Freeserve to NTL about 10 years ago but we still have useable Freeserve email addresses as well. Can't send out on them but can still get incoming emails. Just have to reactivate them about every 6 months.

spuds 12:57 PM 19 May 13

Perhaps best to check with BT or Sky website support pages, and see if they offer any ideas.

There are a few ways that can be used, but some of the ISP's are now placing restrictions on using their services for free.

lotvic 13:02 PM 19 May 13

I've got a free Yahoo email address (@yahoo.co.uk) and I have never been with BT isp. I collect/send on pc and on webmail.

AroundAgain 15:04 PM 19 May 13

I changed from BT to TalkTalk nearly two years ago and can still use my BT address, both to send and receive emails. I don't pay for this either!

Basically, I've just kept my BTyahoo account set up in Thunderbird and it's always been available to use.

Good luck

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED