Email addresses

Enoch 11:10 29 Nov 04

I would like to insert my snail address into an email below the message without having to type it each time. Include with the address a couple of flags, because I am in the UK and the USA. Therefore the address is not a simple text address. I run XP home on a laptop. Other than copy and paste I cannot work out exactly how to do it. I have tried "Tools>Options>Compose>BusinessCards" but that does not allow flags. I have also tried "Tools>Options>Signatures>File" but again no joy. Has anybody any ideas, if so, please advise with detailed instructions. Your help would be appreciated

Danoh 02:26 30 Nov 04

Do you use Outlook? If so which version? I can do what you wish to do with my Outlook 2002/XP signature setup (apart from flag-pics which I have never tried).

Enoch 10:41 30 Nov 04

My apologies. I should have been more explicit. I do use "Outlook Express".

Any help would be appreciated

Danoh 10:47 30 Nov 04

I'm pretty sure you can create an HTML file or rich text file to use as your signature file which O/E would also be able to pick up and use. Thats what I've done for my Outlook. Sorry, I don't know Outlook Express so lets wait to hear from others who do.

Retired Hurt 10:48 30 Nov 04

Maybe you could keep a basic 'template' in the draft folder, which you could then copy (say to the inbox folder)before inserting your text and sending. This would leave the template in the draft folder for repeated use.

Enoch 11:33 30 Nov 04

Thanks Retired Hurt, that is what I am currently doing and it works, but if I can do it without "copy/paste" I would sooner. Nevertheless, thanks for your input

BH34 11:45 30 Nov 04

To add a signature to outgoing messages

On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Signatures tab.
To create a signature, click New and then either enter text in the Edit Signature box or click File, and then find the text or HTML file you'd like to use.
Select the Add signatures to all outgoing messages check box.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…