Email address on web site

RussG 21:08 20 Mar 05

I am putting together a simple web site for my son's band. I want to add a contact email address but am a bit concerned about inviting spam. Can anyone advise the best method.

Talented Monkey 21:45 20 Mar 05

most effective way is to create a graphic image. nothing fancy needed, you can even use Paint.

genuinefake 22:35 20 Mar 05

..or instead of using the '@'sign use (at)that way it won't be picked up by robots trawling for an email...

(i think!)

Forum Editor 00:36 21 Mar 05

and you'll be safe enough. By all means create graphics of the address if you wish, but I find that it's usually enough to put the address in plain text. If your design software creates a hyperlink automatically just select the address and, when it's highlighted, right-click and select 'remove link'.

Otherwise you can use the obfuscator link that fourm member provides, although you should be aware that quite a few spambots can decipher the obfuscated address.

RussG 19:11 21 Mar 05

Thanks for the replies. I made the mistake once (in my innocence) of putting my email up and have paid for it ever since. Like the obfuscated address idea but as its not 100% I'll probably go with the graphic. Problem is spam has won out again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…